Orchids – Timeless Elegance in a Pot
Orchids are one of the two largest families of flowering plants. The family boast 28.000 species scattered between 763 genera. They have a reputation of being high maintenance, but the opposite is true. Orchids will bloom for many years if displayed in correct environment. Follow some simple orchid care advice to keep your orchid plants happy. Orchid plants grow as a single stem in two ways, Sympodial or Monpodial. Most known Monpodial orchids are Vanilla and Vanda. From simple, delicate white flowers to a rainbow of colours, you will find an orchid to suit all tastes. Displayed in the office or in the home, they add an instant hit of colour to an otherwise dull space. We have still many things to learn about orchids. Recently, scientists discovered that orchids mimic human body odour to attract mosquitoes. Beautiful and smart, right?
Orchids make wonderful gifts for plenty of occasions thanks to their meaning. With their delicate blooms and easy care, they are a great choice as indoor plants. They make a great alternative to fresh flowers – long lasting and versatile gift for any occasion. Send orchid as a thank you gift, congratulate to a new home with white orchids or arrival of new baby. At SerenataFlowers.com you can choose from a variety of coloured pots with orchids in three colours – white, yellow and pink.
- Orchid meaning: luxury, beauty and love
- Orchid symbolism: they symbolise pure and delicate beauty
- Orchid uses: as addition to perfumes, in cooking (vanilla orchid), herbal remedies
- National flower: orchid is national flower of Venezuela, Colombia and Singapore
- Orchid Societies: biggest ones include Sutherland Shire Orchid Society and American Orchid Society.
- Watering - Over-watering is the most common way to kill orchids. Lift your pot first to check if it feels heavy. If it does, do not water. Regularly check the colour of roots. If they are green, don't water. The best time to water orchids plant is when its roots are silvery.
- Light – Orchid plants grow in conditions where they can receive bright light. Direct light can burn the leaves, so be careful. Do not remove the damaged leaves if your Phalaenopsis orchid gets arid.
- Humidity – Since most orchids are tropical plants, they grow well under humid conditions. Spray your orcids with lukewarm water every two to three days. Keep the pot on a tray of humid gravel, which will help to preserve the humidity levels.
- Location - Orchids will be happy on a window still without a direct sunlight. Second option would be bathroom where they get plenty of humidity.
- Food - Orchids like their food. Feed them once in a month or less often, depending on the orchid food you use.
- Pot - As soon as you see the roots growing over the top, it is time to change the pot. When repotting, cut off the dead roots.
Orchid Delivery in UK
Sending orchids by post or courier sounds dangerous, right? They are so delicate and fragile. It makes one wonder how do book orchid delivery to your relatives on the other side of UK? The answer is simple: by using a reputable online florist, like SerenataFlowers.com. At SerenataFlowers.com, we take safety of our plants seriously. Especially when it comes to fragile goods like orchids. We can arrange orchid delivery in the UK any day of the week. Our orchid plants travel safely. Well fed, secured and taken care of. We use only sturdy heavy duty cardboard boxes for our orchid delivery. The plants are secured and supplied with water for the journey. Upon arrival, the recipient simply follows few care instructions to keep the orchids happy.
Where to buy an orchid online? With plenty of places with orchids for sale across the country, what makes us special? At SerenataFlowers.com, we put quality and value for money as our top priorities. We believe in making beautiful plant gifts affordable for everyone. Have a stunning orchid delivered by SerenataFlowers.com and enjoy our first-class service including FREE delivery and FREE greeting card. Pick your favourite orchid online to take advantage of amazing offers and regular discounts. Choose from same day delivery, next day delivery (FREE) or timed orchid delivery options for your gift. We will keep you in loop the whole time by providing tracking information. Still not convinced? Check out our glowing customer reviews.
Beginners advice: How to care for orchids
Phalaenopsis and dendrobium orchids are the most common varieties in UK. They flourish in places that are centrally heated. They flower over a long period and are available in a diverse variety of flower colours.
Choose SerenataFlowers.com to send orchids plants by post or next day with courier. Share one of the most beautiful gifts of the natural kingdom with those you love. If you're lost for words, let our stunning orchid plants do the talking for you.