Struggling with your card message for funeral or sympathy card?
These famous quotes will provide a bit of inspiration and help you express your sentiments in a meaningful way.
Send your heartfelt condolences with one of these condolences quotes included in your message.
35+ Condolences Quotes
- The morning glory blooms but for an hour and yet it differs not at heart from the giant pine� that lives for a thousand years. Jeitoku Matsunaga, Japanese Poet
- � To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.� Thomas Campbell
- The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired. Robert Southey
- There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.� � Author unknown
- What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air.� Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- � What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. Helen Keller
- Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts. Dorothy Ferguson
- Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us. Meister Eckhart
- He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,� May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.� � Author unknown
- One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion. Simone de Beauvoir
- It is only after one is in trouble that one realizes how little sympathy and kindness there are in the world. Nellie Bly
- No matter how prepared you think you are for the death of a loved one, it still comes as a shock, and it still hurts very deeply. Billy Graham
- � How very softly you tiptoed into our world,� almost silently, only a moment you stayed.� But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts.� Dorothy Ferguson
- Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.� Thomas Moore
- Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. Marcel Proust
- � Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.� Robert Louis Stevenson
- For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.� William Penn
- Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all. Laura Ingalls Wilder
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
- Grief changes shape, but it never ends. Keanu Reeves
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.� Mahatma Gandhi
- Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.� Terri Guillemets
- You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to really FEEL the loss.� Mandy Hale
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.� Robert Louis Stevenson
- It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew. Henry Rollins
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,� love leaves a memory no one can steal.� From a headstone in Ireland.
- Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men. Quintus Ennius
- Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same.� � Author unknown
- When you lose someone you love,� you gain an angel you know.� Author unknown
- What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like. Saint Augustine
- I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.� Leo Buscaglia
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.� Emily Dickinson.
- The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. Albert Schweitzer
- � While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.� John Taylor