A lot of desserts call for chocolate, from simple cookie recipes to cakes and basic candies to more complicated confections. A baker can melt a solid bar of chocolate and stir it into a cake batter or they can chop the chocolate into chunks or chips and mix it into cookie dough. A few desserts, such as fudge and brownies, depend on chocolate for their taste and texture. Many chocolate dessert recipes are simple enough for kids to try with some adult supervision.
- Chocolate Birthday Cake – Kid-friendly birthday cake recipe from Family Fun. The resulting cake is delicious and easy to mix and pour.
- Wacky Cake Recipe – Wacky cake earned its name because it is made without eggs and dairy. It`s a great cake for children with allergies and is fun to make, thanks to the vinegar and baking soda reaction.
- Purim Cake – Simple kid-friendly recipe for a Purim cake with lots of pieces of chocolate.
- Easy Chocolate Cake – Easy-to-understand cake recipe. Also has a video kids can watch to help them see how the cake is made.
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Dark Chocolate Frosting – Video demonstrating how to make cupcakes and frosting. Also includes a written version of the recipe that kids can print out and try.
- Cake Pops – Instructions on assembling cake pops. Kids can use chocolate cake mix and chocolate frosting to make the pops.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Big Chocolate Chip Cookies – Kid-friendly recipe for yummy chocolate chip cookies from Emeril Lagasse.
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe for cookies created for children with diabetes. This healthier version of chocolate chip cookies is suitable for any child, though.
- Chewy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – A gluten-free, kid-friendly version of a favorite cookie.
- The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie You Should Ever Eat – A great recipe to make when kids are trapped indoors on a cold, snowy day.
Fun Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Modeling Clay – A fun and sticky sweet treat that kids can form into shapes before eating. They can also use the clay to decorate cakes and other desserts.
- Brownie Pie – Easy recipe using boxed brownie and pudding mixes. It`s a great recipe for special occasions, such as Valentine`s Day.
- Buckeyes – Recipe for Buckeyes, a chocolate and peanut butter treat.
- No-Bake S`Mores Brownies – Simple no-bake brownie recipe that is great to make in the heat of summer. The recipe features mini-marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Chocolate Pudding – Easy pudding recipe perfect for kids to make.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Pancake mix makes this a very simple recipe for kids. The multi-grain pancake mix adds a bit of healthiness to the sweet and yummy pancakes.
- Kid`s Favorite Chocolate Fondue – Easy recipe for chocolate fondue sauce that kids can dip fruits and cookies in. Since the recipe involves using the stove top, kids should get their parents to help.
- Chocolate Fondue and Toasted Marshmallow Recipe – Kids will have great time making this modified version of S`mores. Adult supervision is necessary when the stove is used.
- Healthy Chocolate Fondue – A healthier version of chocolate fondue for kids. The recipe uses yogurt instead of cream.
- Chocolate Fondue – Easy recipe that uses the microwave instead of the stove top. Kids may want to leave out the espresso powder.
- White Chocolate Fondue Recipe – Easy recipe using white chocolate instead of milk or dark chocolate. Kids can dip pretzels in the fondue instead of fruit.
- Chocolate Fondue Recipe – Another recipe for chocolate fondue that kids can make with their parents. This recipe uses chocolate chips, so kids don`t have to worry about breaking up bars of chocolate.
- Chocolate Bark Recipe – Quick recipe for chocolate bark, studded with nuts or small candy pieces. It`s a great recipe for kids to make to give as gifts for birthdays or the holidays.
- Chocolate Truffles – Recipe for chocolate truffles. Parents should supervise children using the double boiler. Kids will have fun shaping the candy into balls and rolling it in nuts or cocoa powder.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Kids will have a great time dipping pretzels or other foods into melted chocolate.
- Chocolate Bugs – Fun recipe with chocolate chips and chow mein noodles. The noodles form the legs of the bugs and the chocolate makes up the body.