Loosing a loved one is one of the hardest things anyone can go through.
If you’re friend or relative lost a loved one, send them a sympathy bouquet with a thoughtful message, to let them know that you are thinking of them and ask if they need help with anything else.
Here is some inspiration if you need a little help with messages of sympathy, in sad occasions like funeral you might struggle to find the right words:
Messages of Sympathy – Generic
- I am thinking about you and sending love.
- I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your [deceased]. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you.
- We will never forget you. We will pray for him as he prayed for us. May God give him eternal rest.
- I am truly sorry for your loss. Your uncle will be missed and he will never be forgotten, may his soul rest in peace.
- A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul ascended to heaven. We part with our beloved [deceased] in pain.
- I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I pray that God will grant you the strength. My most sincere condolences.
- You and your family are in my heart and mind. My condolences on the passing of your [deceased].
- Someone so special can never be forgotten.
- My heart goes out to you during this difficult time.
- I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
- May your memories give you peace and comfort.
- We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family.
- No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss.
- May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
- Please remember that you are not alone… We are always here for you.
- I am honored and blessed to have known your [deceased]. He was truly a blessing in my life and I will miss him. My condolences.
- Flowers and prayers go out for our dear [deceased] that left us too soon.
- Our souls are hardened of pain on hearing of the unfair disappearance, we knew, appreciated and admired! God rest his soul.
- My families hearts are with you and your family.
- It’s terrible to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family
- I will never forget his kindness. May God give him eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
- In this sorrowful time, we would like to extend to you our heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your loved ones.
- I know that what you are going through right now is very difficult, just know that I am here for you. I am truly sorry for your loss.
- I would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your [deceased] rest in peace.
- Nobody can understand how hard a separation is… It remains only the eternal memory in our hearts of our dear [deceased].
- My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time.
- No matter wherever he is, he’ll always be watching over you. He will stay with you forever.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
- With a heavy heart, I pray for the eternal repose of one who was a woman of distinguished humanity.
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences, words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now, God rest his soul.
- Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
- We are very saddened to hear of your recent loss
Messages of Sympathy – Losing a Parent
- Mother is the most expensive being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother.
- I am truly sorry for your loss. There is not a grieving message that can express how much he meant to me. My heart is aching.
- Your mother loved you so much. She always wanted the best for you. Please be strong so that her soul can rest in peace.
- I was so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. I know this is a very sad and difficult time for you and your family. You have my very deepest sympathy
- I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. If you feel like talking to someone, know that I am a good listener.
- Your mother was a wonderful lady. She was kind and humble. Everybody loved her so much. Her tragic death has brought sorrow to a lot of lives whom she had touched. She will be missed by everyone.
- I cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear about your dad. I was shocked and saddened by the news. Please extend my sympathy to your mom and the rest of your family.
- The loss of one’s father marks one of the most profound rites of passage in our life.
- It is time to be strong. May the love of your loved ones stand as a pillar of support during this sorry time.
- My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him.
- I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I know that nothing can take away the pain that you are feeling right now, but I just want you to know that your mother was an inspiration to me and I will remember her forever.
- Your mom will surely be missed, Because she was a gem of a person, She was a kind soul and her heart so pure, My heart goes out to you! This too shall pass, stay strong!
- I am really sorry for your loss. I know how close you were to your father and what an influence he had on your life. We will miss him.
- The soul that has gone, was indeed a great one. It shined bright even in the darkest times. May the soul rest in peace. I am sorry for your loss.
- Life doesn’t seem fair sometimes and this is one of those moments. Your father was one of the good guys. I will miss him terribly. My condolences.
- I really admired your mom for the person she was, She was a complete woman, And, now all I remember about her will be her charming grace and personality. Sorry to hear about your loss
This too shall pass with time!
- Your dad was a wise man, but at the same time, he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often.
- I am so sorry to hear about the loss. A loss so big that cannot be expressed in words. Your mom was a wonderful lady I knew. She was a gem. My prayers to the Almighty would be that may her soul rest in peace and may you stay calm!
- I am saddened to hear of your mother’s passing. She was loved and respected by everyone who met her. I hope you can find peace in the wonderful life she has lived. May she rest in peace. God bless you and your entire family.
- My condolences go out to you and your family. A mother’s loss is huge in life, no one can ever take her place again. Please stay calm and be hopeful in your life, things shall pass away!
Messages of Sympathy – Losing a Sibling
- I am at a loss of words for what to say to console you for your loss. Please accept my condolences anyway and know that I am thinking of you.
- I cannot comprehend how difficult this time must be for you. I am so, so sorry. Know that we are all thinking of you, and wishing you strength as you deal with so much grief.
- I cannot comprehend just how devastated you must be feeling over the loss of your brother. My heart goes out to you, in this difficult time.
- I feel so sad when I heard the news. I’m sorry for your loss my friend. I’m sure your brother will forever be remembered as a good guy. We will miss him too. The deepest sympathy from our family.
- I find myself sad upon hearing your brother’s passing. I’m sorry for your loss. Your brother is an amazing person in so many ways. You are always in my prayers and your whole family as well. My condolences for your loss.
- I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Your sister was a great gal and we will all miss her very much. You have our deepest sympathy.
- I was both shocked and saddened to hear about your brother’s death. Please accept my sincere sympathy on your loss.
- Your sister was one of the nicest people I have ever known. You have my sincere sympathy on her passing.
- I was deeply saddened to hear of your brother’s passing. He was a very special guy and we all thought the world of him. You have my sincere sympathy for your loss.
- I was so very surprised and sad to hear about your brother’s death. You have my heartfelt sympathy at this very sad and difficult time.
- I was very sorry to hear about your sister’s death. I know you were very close to her. We all share in your grief.
- Losing a brother is such a sad event. I will remember him always for his great charm and wit. We all share in your grief at this difficult time.
- Your sister was such a sweet person and I was deeply saddened to hear of her passing. She will be missed very much. Please extend my sympathy to your entire family.
- My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this difficult time. I cannot imagine the grief you must be experiencing. May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
- I will remember your sister for all the kind things she did for others. You have my very deepest sympathy on your loss.
- Our family doesn’t have any words right now. We know how sad is it and how painful it is. Please accept our deepest sympathy and condolences. You are in our prayers.
- I am deeply sorry about your sister. I thought the world of her. She will be remembered dearly. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
- Words are inadequate for what I am feeling and wanting to express to you right now, but I do want you to know that I am thinking of you and will be calling you soon to check on you and see how you are doing.
- You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your brother. I know how hard it is to lose a sibling. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
sources: condolencemessages.net, sympathymessageideas.com, wishafriend.com and obituarieshelp.org