Birthdays are fun, important and exciting celebrations.
They are a time for many to look back on their lives, as well as a time for many to decide what they wish to do with the future.
Many will celebrate their special day with friends, family and loved ones. Some will throw huge soirees, whilst others will be whisked away on surprise holidays. Everyone should feel pampered on his or her birthday. However, sometimes it can be hard to choose the right birthday wishes.
Some birthday messages are humorous, others sweet, some serious and some sarcastic…here we’ve listed a few of our favorites, all of which are guaranteed to put a smile on a loved one’s face.
Birthday Wishes for a Friend
Regardless of whether you send an e-Card, make your own card or hand deliver a birthday wishes, the perfect birthday wish is guaranteed to make your friend feel cherished on their special day. Here are a few unique ideas…
- Birthdays come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I’m so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day.
- For many people, the word friend is just a sequence of letters. For me, it is the source of happiness and strength because of you. Happy Birthday, buddy!
- You are a true friend, so please don’t change, ever! Happy Birthday, and may every wish you have come true!
- Your birthday gives all the people whose lives you’ve improved a designated day to tell you how happy we are that you entered the world on this day.
- The passing of time didn’t change you. You remain the most beautiful person I have ever known. Happy birthday my dear friend!
- Thank you for being you, and happy birthday, dear one.
- Because I have a friend like you, every day feels like a holiday. I can’t wait to celebrate your birthday like it’s the most important day of the year!
- By your examples, you have shown us goodness and light and truth. I know you will continue to be a shining example as you face another year.
- Good friends don’t just get old. They only get better as they age, like a fine wine. Wishing you a birthday full of joy.
Birthday Wishes for Parents
Regardless of whether you’re looking for a sentimental way to say ‘Happy Birthday’, a funny quote or something a little cheeky, we’ve picked out some of the best Birthday wishes we can find. With so many to choose from, there is guaranteed to be one that matches Mum or Dad’s personality.
- Some words of wisdom for your birthday: Smile while you still have teeth!
- To the nation’s best-kept secret; your true age.
- You are going to need the lungs of Hercules to blow out all these candles by yourself.
- You may not be over the hill yet, but you have a great view!
- Happy birthday to the world’s greatest mother! I hope you enjoy your special day, and you are showered with love. You deserve it!
- To a special mother on your birthday. You have taught me how to respect others, how to be kind, and most of all how to love. I hope your day is filled with all of the wonderful blessings you have given to others throughout your life. Happy Birthday, mum!
- Smile! It’s your birthday! Celebrate your special day and know that you are loved!
- Children may move out when they grow up, but they never stop needing their mothers. Thank you for always supporting me with love and compassion. May your birthday be blessed with a special love that only you deserve.
- Dad, I wanted to wish you a special birthday this year. You are truly an amazing man and one that I am proud to call my father. Happy Birthday!
- Special dads like you should be celebrated all year long, and not only on special birthdays like today. I hope you have a great birthday and enjoy many more years of celebrations.
- You have been an incredible father. It is your turn to be spoiled on your special day. Happy Birthday, dad! Celebrate this day because you deserve it.
- One of the greatest titles in the world is the parent. Happy Birthday!
- You are the most caring and lovable father on the whole planet. Let me shower some affection and a lot of warm hugs on you on this beautiful day. Happy Birthday dear dad.
- Not everyone is as lucky as me to be blessed with a father like you. Thank you so much for coming into my life and standing by my side through thick and thin. I wish you get all that you truly deserve. Happy Birthday to you.
- My thoughts and memories from childhood are filled with joy and happiness. I want you to know, mum, that you are loved today on your birthday and all year long.
Birthday Wishes for a Sibling
If you’re looking to make someone laugh or smile, then these quotes are certain to suffice. After all, we’re always winding our siblings up, we’re always there for them and they are always there for us.
- Happy birthday to my best friend and sister! Here’s to another year of great nights out. Let’s get started on another fabulous one!
- We know that wisdom comes with age. You see, you don’t have all the signs of aging! Happy Birthday!
- It’s your birthday. Party like you’re turning 21 (even if that was ages ago). Don’t worry; you really look young for your age. It must be all that clean living and good cheer you’ve been practicing. Have a great day as you always do.
- Today is the beginning of another great adventure. Happy birthday to a wonderful Sister. Enjoy this special day.
- For your birthday, it’s high time I paid you back for all of the things you’ve done for me over the years. I’ve been keeping tabs on what I owe you, and now I’ll be picking up the tab tonight. Let’s party!
- Another year older, but unfortunately none the wiser.
- Another year, another new place that aches.
- At least you’re not as old as you will be next year! Happy Birthday sis!
- On your special day, I wish you peace, love, insight, relaxation, fun, knowledge, romance, friendship… and all that stuff that doesn’t cost anything.
- Better to be over the ground than under it. Happy Birthday!
- I made you a birthday cake to celebrate, but I couldn’t light the candles. It turns out the fire department requires a permit for bonfires.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest.
- It’s okay to light the candles on your birthday cake now; I’ve already alerted the fire department.
- It’s nice to be young, healthy and full of energy. Do you remember what that used to feel like?
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.
Hopefully, you’ve been able to find some inspiration for how best to spread some birthday cheer.
But remember a card could be just the start, as there are plenty of other options to show you care too – from flowers and hampers to quirky gifts and experiences.
Sources: wishes quotes