Writing a sympathy message can be really difficult because many of us are worried that we might say the wrong thing.
As a general rule, a personal note letting someone know you care will mean a lot, even if you’re not quite sure what to say.
Few things to keep in mind
- A nice touch is to share a memory of the deceased if you knew them personally.
Don’t say things like “I know how you feel” or “It was for the best.”
- You could offer help, but be specific, say what can you do, like bringing food etc.
- Sending flowers or adding a thoughtful gift will make your message especially meaningful.
Simple messages for Sympathy Flowers
- You are in my thoughts.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- We are thinking of you.
- We are thinking of you during this difficult time.
- With deepest sympathy,
- My sincere sympathy,
- Our warmest condolences,
- With heartfelt condolences,
- Please accept my condolences,
- We are deeply sorry to hear about the death of “name of deceased”.
- Remember that we love and care about you.
- As you grieve know that we are remembering you and honoring the memory of “name of the deceased”.
- With caring thoughts,
- With loving memories of “name of deceased”,
- Sent with love and remembrance,
- Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
- “Name of Deceased” will remain in our hearts forever.
- We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
- We send you thoughts of comfort.
- Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- With love and hugs,
- We will miss “name of deceased”.
- We share comfort in knowing “name of deceased” is no longer suffering.
- We send thoughts of sympathy and support to you as you begin your journey without “name of deceased”.
- Remembering you and “name of deceased” in our minds and in our hearts.
- With thoughts of peace and courage for you,
- We send you thoughts of peace and courage.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about “name of deceased” death. We are here to support you in your grieving process. With sincere sympathy,
- “Name of deceased” brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget him/her!
- May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
- Peace, Prayers and Blessings,
- Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts.
- May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
- When reason fails, pray for peace. We will be praying with you.
Longer messages for Sympathy Flowers
- “We are sending sympathy and prayers for comfort and guidance as you face the difficult days ahead. Your sister was such a positive person. She always had a happy outlook that was contagious to everyone around her.”
- “We are so sorry to hear that your mother has passed. We hope that you can find strength and comfort in the love of your family. May it help you to know how many lives she brightened with her kindness. Such a wonderful person will never be forgotten.”
- “May happy memories of your father comfort you now. You and your family are in my thoughts. I remember when he came and picked us up when our car ran out of gas in college. He made such a difference to so many people in so many ways.”
- “I am so very sorry for your loss. But may her love live on in your memories and bring you peace.”
Quotes for Sympathy Flowers
- May the blessings of love be upon you, May its peace abide with you, May its essence illuminate your heart, Now and forever more… ~Sufi Blessing of Love and Peace
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose… All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. ~Helen Keller
- A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. ~Maya Angelou
- Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. ~Author Unknown
- When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran
- Life is eternal and love is immortal; And death is only a horizon, And a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. ~Rossiter Raymond
- Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. ~Terri Guillemets
- When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know. ~Anonymous
- Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower, we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind. ~William Wordsworth
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
- When the heart grieves over what is has lost, the spirit rejoices over what it has left. ~Sufi Epigram
- Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson
- Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life. ~John Muir
- To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. ~Thomas Campbell
- Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you. I loved you so—it was heaven here with you. ~Isla Paschal Richardson
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. ~Gandhi
- He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. ~ Author Unknown
- While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor
- As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens. ~Author Unknown
Suggestions for Sympathy Flowers
View full range HERE.funeral flowers, please shop our new range at SerenataFlowers.com. Sources: www.acknowledgements.net, www.hallmark.com, www.treesforachange.com