About World Teachers Day
Did you know the whole world celebrates Teachers Day on 5th October each year?
It is held annually since 1994 as a celebration of the role of teachers in society and with the aim to mobilise support to teachers, to ensure that the future needs of our kids and their generation will be met. There is a theme for each years celebrations and for 2016 its “Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status.” There will be a global World Teachers Day held in Paris on Wednesday to mark the 50th anniversary of 1966 UNESCO recommendation concerning the status of Teachers. UNESCO dedicated this day to celebrating a unique intergovernmental commitment and reaffirming its commitment to the value of the profession.
How to Celebrate World Teachers Day
Even thought World Teachers Day might not be widely celebrated in the UK, you can always lead by an example and surprise the favourite teacher of your kids with something small to express your gratitude. There might be small events held at local schools and communities, which you can take part in, or do you own personal deed by sending a small gift or flowers to the teacher. Not only they don’t get much appreciation these days, but there is certainly a lack of support for their profession. Make their voices heard by celebrating their profession not just the one day in year, but throughout the whole year.
Order flowers for teacher at SerenataFlowers.com and let your kids hand them over in person.
Wishes for World Teachers’ Day
You are the best teacher I have seen,
Even when I was down, you tried to encourage me,
You helped me achieve my biggest dreams.
Thank you for being a great support.
Happy Teachers’ Day.
I have never seen you scolding your students.
You always loved us no matter what.
You cared us like your own kids.
You helped me choose a career that is best for me.
Thank you for your love and care.
Happy Teachers Day 2016
You might not realise how important you are in my life,
I do not know how to thank you for all your support,
You are the world’s best teacher.
Happy Teachers’ Day 2016.
The way you teach
The knowledge you share
The love you shower
Makes you the world best teacher.
Happy Teachers Day.
I still feel that the best days of my life were by school days,
When you were there to punish me for all my mistakes,
When you were there to support me when I was in need,
Whem you were there to make me feel proud of my talents,
Thank you for all that you have done.
Happy Teachers’ Day.
I always feel proud be call me as you student. I just wanted to thank you for guiding me in the right path whenever I was confused. You are the best. Thank you once again on this World Teachers’ Day.
Quotes for World Teachers Day
- Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. Charles Kuralt
- A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. Brad Henry
- Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. Solomon Ortiz
- It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. Albert Einstein
- A good teacher, like a good entertainer first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson. John Henrik Clarke
- The thing I loved the most – and still love the most about teaching – is that you can connect with an individual or a group, and see that individual or group exceed their limits. Mike Krzyzewski
- Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges. Joyce Meyer
- Every child should have a caring adult in their lives. And that’s not always a biological parent or family member. It may be a friend or neighbor. Often times it is a teacher. Joe Manchin
- Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share. Steve Harvey
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room. Dr. Seuss
- The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards. Anatole France
- If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes. Guy Kawasaki
- Everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching. Oscar Wilde
- Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher’s help. Bodhidharma
- You never stop learning. If you have a teacher, you never stop being a student. Elisabeth Rohm
- I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a good teacher. Temple Grandin
- Everybody’s a teacher if you listen. Doris Roberts
- One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen. Philip Wylie
- Those who know how to think need no teachers. Mahatma Gandhi