Whether its Mother’s Day or just mum’s birthday, buying flowers is not always the simplest exercise, and it doesn’t always produce the best results. Here are some tips that will help you score some good points:
1. Order your flowers in time – don’t leave it for last minute like most men do!
2. Find out her favourite colours – have a look around the house and find out her preferred colour for decor or accessories. If you mum has a flower garden, have a peak and find out which flowers does she grow.
3. Make sure you choose flowers that are long lasting – ask the florist for the best option. Some flowers arrive in buds which will guarantee that they will last longer.
4. Avoid foliage overkill. Flowers are the stars of the bouquet, make sure they are not buried in a ton of foliage.
5. When ordering flowers online, find out when your mum will be at home and choose timed delivery for specific hours. If she is not home to receive the flowers, it might ruin the element of surprise.
6. The best time to have flowers delivered is in the morning. The flowers are fresher and they’ll brighten her whole day.
7. Check that the flowers come with flower food and instructions how to take care of them, so that they last as long as possible.
8. Planted baskets with flowers are a great alternative to traditional bouquet as they will last longer and can be re-planted in the garden or kept indoors.
9. If possible, order a bouquet that comes in a vase. It will make the bouquet look even more stunning when it arrives.
10. Don’t forget to add a card with a special message for your mum!
Do you have some of your own tips to add? Share them in comments!source: www.scoop.co.nz