With Christmas almost upon us, it’s time to send a little happy cheer to our nearest and dearest. Whether you opt for a thoughtful message, a cheery poem, a funny note, or something more on the romantic side, a Christmas card with a sweet message inside is guaranteed to put a smile on a loved one’s face this year.
Why send Christmas cards?
Sending well wishes through text or email, although perfectly acceptable, isn’t quite as personal as sending holiday cheer via a classic Christmas card. In fact, sending a heartfelt and personalized message to friends and family may be more important than ever this year.
There is something very special about receiving a handwritten card through the post from a friend or family member, so see how you can brighten up their day.
If you’re unsure of what you want to write in your Christmas card this year, a good tip to follow is to keep your note short and simple. These modest Christmas messages are certain to help you get started when it comes to writing festive, thoughtful notes for all of the special people in your life.
Think about the recipient before choosing a message
In order to send a personal message this Christmas, it’s important to think about the person you are sending the card to. If it’s your partner, a romantic message may be more apt. If a colleague, something more formal will be more suitable, and if it’s a family member or friend, a funny message is often called for. Knowing your audience is key.
There are an array of Christmas cards to choose from, and you may even want to get creative and make your own! This is a great project for the entire family to get involved with and may even become a Christmas tradition. From stylish, simple cards to over the top designs with glitter and seasonal colours, let your imagination run wild!
Buy in bulk
If you have a number of friends, colleagues, and family members to send cards to, it’s a good idea to buy in bulk. You can order an assortment of cards online, with many packs containing up to four designs, meaning you can choose the style best suited to the recipient from your selection pack.
A message that makes someone laugh is always a great message to send. Here are a few funny messages to give you an inspiration…
- Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small!
- This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries included!
- Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift, it’s now too late to get it!
- Is it just me, or does Santa look younger every year?
- Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, that’s until the credit card bills arrive!
If you’re sending a message to a colleague or acquaintance, opt for a general message, such as one of the following…
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold!
- Our family wishes you love, joy, and peace…today, tomorrow, and always.
- May your family have a holiday season that is full of wonderful surprises, treats and non-stop laughter!
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright!
- Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.
If you are sending a Christmas card to someone that is particularly religious, then a religious message is more apt. Here are a few ideas…
- Merry Christmas! I hope you receive one blessing after another this coming year.
- May the Lord grant you and all your loved ones peace, joy and goodwill.
- May God’s blessings be yours this Christmas.
For those close to you, something romantic might be the answer…
- The only thing I love more than Christmas is you.
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters most, it’s who’s around it. Every year I’m so grateful to have you there.
As well as sending cards to your loved ones and friends this Christmas, you may also wish to send them a gift, such as a bouquet of Christmas blooms, a hamper, or a bottle of their favourite wine. Even if you live further afield, all of these items can be ordered online and delivered directly to the recipient’s door – all at the click of a button.
When ordering gifts from online sites, they will often allow you to write a personalized message via an online form, which will be delivered with your selected gift – allowing you to get creative with your messages as well as your gift ideas!