If you want to send a sympathy card or bring one with you to a funeral place, it’s hard to find word’s that are not a plain and simple ‘our heartfelt condolences’.
Below is a source of inspiration if you struggle to find the appropriate words for your card.
35+ Words of Condolences
- I/We am/are deeply saddened by the loss of your (insert relationship of bereaved to deceased here). He/she will be truly missed and I/we will include him/her in my/our daily prayers.
- There are times when there are too few words left to heal us when what we wish for is to be carried, when all we have left is the hope that tomorrow will be a more gentle place to land than today.
- Please accept my deepest condolences for your family’s loss.
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our/my most heartfelt condolences.
- Please remember that you are not alone… We are always here for you.
- I wish I could express to you all the appropriate words. All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss and that I want you to know that you mean a great deal to me
- I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger
- Grief can be so hard, but our special memories help us cope. Remembering you and your loved one today and always
- My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my/our sincere condolences.
- We want to express our sympathy and let you know that our thoughts are with you.
- I am deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow I feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
- I’m always there in your hour of need. May his/her soul rest in peace.
- Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends and family for strength, and always remember how much you are loved
- In this tough time in your life, may my/our friendship, sympathy, and heartfelt condolences bring you comfort?
- Mother is the most expensive being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother/grandmother.
- Please accept my/our condolences on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here). It was an honor to have known such a great person and I/we will truly miss him/her. May God embrace you in comfort during this difficult time.
- As the days and weeks pass, and as you return to life’s routine, may you continue to feel comforted by the love and support of family and friends
- I/We am/are deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I/We pray that God will grant you the strength needed to get through this moment in your life. My/Our most sincere condolences.
- May our/my condolences bring you comfort and may our/my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
- Words cannot describe what I am feeling. I give my condolences to the entire family. God rest his soul
- We join our friends with thoughts of comfort in helping then get over the immense void left behind by the loss of their beloved father/mother/ brother.
- A prayer, a flower, a candle and sad tears of pain on your grave, our dear grandmother
- Wishing you peace to bring comfort, the courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart
- I want you to know that I am here for you during this difficult time.
- Losing someone we love is nothing easy, but knowing that we have been able to be a part of the life of that person, we can realize that we are blessed to have been able to share in his/her life before he/she went to rest in eternal salvation. My/our condolences.
- May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My/Our most sincere condolences.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort
- After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us. My/Our condolences.
- I am praying for you to get through this time with the peace that comes from the knowledge that God loves you and that He will take care of you
- (insert Name of bereaved here), we/I just want you to know that we/I are really sorry to hear about your (insert Name of deceased to bereaved here), he/she was a wonderful man/woman and was cherished by everyone who knew him/her. May he/she rest in peace.
- I was saddened to hear of your loss, and I realize you have lost a blessing from God. I pray that God will bless continue to bless you in other ways and strengthen you.
- We will never forget the image of her gentle and bright face. May God give her eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- You and your family are surrounded by love during this difficult time.
- A gentle soul ascended to heaven, leaving behind a lot of pain and anger. We say goodbye to our friend
sources: sympathymessageideas.com, quickcondolence.com, condolencemessages.net